COVID impacted all students, but some much worse than others
What can be said about COVID which hasn’t already been said?
No matter how you look at, I think we can all agree it was/is tragic.
And, I think we can agree, it brought out the best & worst in all of us.
But with that said, it would be an even worse tragedy if we weren’t eager to learn from it.
Speaking of learning, how did COVID impact American students and what was the impact of remote learning?
Well, it’s safe to say, COVID and remote learning negatively impacted every student.
But, not every student equally.
This recent article in the NY Times, Pandemic Learning Loss, unpacks the factors which influenced this decline and which students were impacted the most.
Tragically, the answer probably won’t surprise you.
For Freadom, not that we needed motivation, but this, this motivates us even more!
Recently I had the pleasure of watching the documentary, “Stutz.”
It’s a film which highlights the relationship between Jonas Hill and his therapist, Phil Stutz.
Absolutely fascinating and moving to say the least and I’d highly recommend it to everyone.
Candidly, and ignorantly, I’ve been, I guess you could say, curious, about the efficacy of therapy my whole life but this film changed my view. Maybe it’s Phil’s approach but it’s clear I have a lot more to learn, and I plan to do so.
Bottomline, I’m for anything which helps people live life better and enjoy its many gifts, more.
This film is chock-full of fascinating concepts and tools but the one which I can’t stop thinking about is the three Aspects of Reality that no one – really, no one – can avoid:
Wrote mathematician John Allen Paulos, “Uncertainty is the only certainty there is.”
So what is it about humans which makes us so unwilling to accept this?
And the mysteries of life continue.
- All polar bears are left-handed
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different
- Rhythm is the longest English word without a vowel
- A snail can sleep for three years
- The cornea is one of only two parts of the human body without blood vessels
- German chocolate cake was invented in Texas
- The Philippines consists of 7,641 islands
- There’s enough gold inside the Earth to coat the planet
- The brand name Spam is a combination of “spice” and “ham”