NOTHING worth doing is easy
This statement has motivated me through a lot of tough times, cause it’s true.
It’s thoughts like this which provided the necessary inspiration for us to start Freadom.
No doubt, it ain’t easy but worth it, 100%.
On Tuesday, I had multiple meetings in the city.
I was in between meetings and decided it was best for me not to dive into more work before my next meeting, but to just “be still”. It was an unseasonably warm and beautiful day in Chicago and a good time to just take in the energy.
That’s when I met my new friend Rick, pictured above.
He was working on a trick he’d be working on for a long time, a “pro-trick” as he described it.
Sorry, there was a name for the trick, I just can’t remember it.
He was fun, energetic, friendly, engaging, worry free but determined – just the kind of people I love being around.
I watched him for about an hour, though he’d been there much longer.
He was focused and optimistic, trying and failing, trying and failing as he’d continue to say,
“Man, this is super hard, but I’ll do it.”
Over and over again he tried, each fall made me hurt just watching it, but he wouldn’t relent.
Eventually I moved on.
When I returned about an hour later for my meeting, he was STILL at it.
Unfortunately, I never saw him land the pro-trick, but that doesn’t matter because I know he did eventually. How do I know?
Because it’s clear, doing hard things doesn’t stop Rick.
Thanks for the inspiration Rick; I’m sure you’re on to your next challenge.
Until we meet again.
Yesterday I was involved in a really good, rich discussion.
At some point in the conversation, a statement was met with a “now that’s bologna”.
But why is it bologna?
Why not, “now that’s salami?”
Or, “now that’s pastrami?”
Not sure, all I have to say is…
My Bologna has a first name,
My Bologna has a second name,
Oh I love to eat it every day,
And if you ask me why I’ll say,
Cause’ Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!!
- Enrollment in U.S. colleges and universities dropped for the third consecutive year
- Ants take rest for around 8 minutes in 12-hour period
- Hot water will turn into ice faster than cold water
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed
- The best predictor for how you voted in the last election is how close you live to an urban center
- More Millennials are attending church now than before the pandemic
- What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? All were invented by women
- All polar bears are left-handed
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match